- Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- Participants must enter as teams of 3-6 members.
- Projects must be created during the hackathon (22nd March 2021, 9am, CET - 26th March 2021, 5pm, CET).
- Official language of the Hackathon is English.
CODE OF CONDUCT
In all of our interactions, we aspire to embody and champion the below values:
Be Friendly and Welcoming
- Listen with purpose and create space for others’ communication preferences.
- Ask yourself how you can make someone else’s life easier.
- Remember that people have varying communication styles and preferences.
- Recognize that not everyone is using their native language (meaning and tone can be lost in translation).
- Think about how others will interpret your words – productive, clear communication requires effort!
- Remember that sometimes it is best to refrain entirely from commenting.
Be Respectful and Inclusive
- Respect differences of opinion.
- Seek to build bridges and understand, not condemn or criticize.
- Make a conscious effort to include people who differ from you.
Be Open and Curious
- Assume good intent and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
- Ask questions to understand, not denounce.
- Focus on continuous learning - get better at the things you already know, tackle completely new things, and ask others about their expertise to deepen yours
- Treat everyone with respect, kindness and empathy.
- Use welcoming and inclusive language.
- Be thoughtful in how you communicate in person and online.
- Don’t be destructive or inflammatory.
- Gracefully accept constructive criticism.
- Listen with purpose, create space for communication preferences; honor them by shifting to accommodate.